Quality Assurance International (QAI), an organic industry pioneer founded in 1989 and headquartered in San Diego, Calif., is the leading provider of organic certification services worldwide. Accredited by multiple organizations, QAI's programs verify organic integrity at each link of the production chain. The company has grown to include operations in the U.S., Canada, Japan and the European Union. QAI remains dedicated to fostering organic agriculture and a healthier planet, while providing educational outreach to the organic community and consumers.
About Organic Certification
Independent, third-party certification of organic food systems is the foundation of domestic and international organic food trade. Our job at QAI is to verify that organic integrity is maintained.
The QAI Certification Program is designed to certify every step of the organic chain: From the land on which the product is grown; to the producers growing the product; to the post-harvest facilities preparing the product; to the processing and handling facilities transforming the product. QAI certifies at the following levels:
- Post Harvest
- Private Label
Since 1989, QAI's diligence in certification at every link in the organic production chain provides assurance to producers and consumers that the product bound for the market is indeed organic.
QAI is committed to the ongoing education of the organic community and consumers. QAI staff members participate in national organic policy meetings and are often asked to present information on organic certification to various industry groups. QAI welcomes the opportunity to collaborate with clients and industry groups through presentations or by providing published materials on organic issues.
- Verifying organic integrity to meet strict standards.
- Certifying organic growers, processors, traders and distributors in an efficient, timely manner.
- Certifying to federal standards under the National Organic Program (NOP) and to other international organic standards.
- Ease of client certification through a streamlined step-by-step application process.
- Providing superior, professional assistance and support for expeditious certification renewal.
- Fostering sustainable agriculture/ a sustainable environment.
- Promoting a healthy planet.
- QAI is committed to demonstrating environmental leadership in all aspects of its work.
- QAI considers the environmental impact of its operations activities and takes appropriate steps to limit or prevent environmental pollution.
- QAI strives to go beyond compliance in meeting relevant environmental laws and regulations and other applicable requirements.
- QAI conducts its operations in a manner that is designed to minimize the impact on the environment and the people who live and work in that environment.
- QAI is dedicated to conformance with the requirements of ISO 14001 and to the continual improvement of its Environmental Management System by establishing and meeting environmental targets and objectives.
For more information please contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by phone at 858.792.3531.