The USDA continues its campaign to remove roadblocks to organic certification. With more workshops, blog posts, tip sheets and an informative interactive video, the Sound and Sensible Initiative has added resources to aid in the process. This unique campaign from the Agricultural Marketing Service’s National Organic Program (NOP) has outlined clear goals, principles and outreach tools aimed to make organic certification more affordable, accessible and attainable. Using technology to inform and help navigate the often burdensome paperwork load, all resources are produced by active members of the organic community and clarify the process, standards and path to becoming certified. After all, it’s about the farms, not the forms.
Here are a few of the great resources available. Even if the specific topic doesn’t speak directly to your business, knowing more about the steps involved along the supply chain is illuminating.
Exploring the Organic Option
- Interactive Video: The Road to Organic Certification
- Brochure and Video Series: What’s the Organic Value Proposition?
Planning the Path Forward
- Video Series: Organic Certification Made Simple
- Self-Assessment Video and Tool for Prospective Producers Transitioning to Organic
- Video: Organic Myths
- “How To…” Modules
Recordkeeping and Inspections
- Case Studies: Recordkeeping
- Video: What to Expect When You’re Inspected
Interested in learning more about organic certification? Contact QAI at: email@example.com for more information and resources.