QAI is here to help support your business through the COVID-19 pandemic. We know that you have questions about how your business can maintain compliance with regulations and customer expectations, so we want to share this update on the organic certification inspection process.
- We’re are now offering remote/virtual audits in accordance with the guidance we have received from the USDA and Canadian organic certification bodies. They are both allowing remote/virtual audits to continue organic certification.
Follow-Up On-Site Audit
- After the remote/virtual audit, we require either an announced or unannounced inspection to take place within six months.
- Is an on-site follow-up audit necessary? This is a risk-based assessment based on facility/company compliance history and complexity.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) and social distancing must be observed during all on-site interactions.
- For more information on QAI’s on-site inspection policy during a pandemic, please contact your Certification Project Manager.
New Applicants (Initial Inspections)
- On-site, in-person audits are required for certification of new facilities.
- At this time, we are evaluating rush requests for new clients or additional facilities on a case-by-case basis. All other certification requests will be processed as normal.
Our certification experts are willing and ready to help during the pandemic. What do you need help with? Please reach out to your Certification Project Manager or contact us at email@example.com.